Brake Service Near Baton Rouge, LA
Brake Service at Premier Honda
Premier Honda is eager to provide for your brake needs, so don’t hesitate to make the short trip over to our service department in New Orleans, Louisiana, today. Your Honda’s brake pads play an important part in your on-road safety, so don’t bypass necessary inspections and changes, contact our new and used Honda dealership now.
Our Honda service department offers:
- Affordable brake pad inspections
- Competitively priced, quality replacement options
- Comprehensive service estimates
- Factory and ASE-certified technicians
Feel free to schedule your brake pad inspection online today. Our Honda team will be in touch to confirm, and we encourage you to browse our current service offers before making your way over from Metairie, LA, for your appointment. We keep detailed service reports, so bring your new or used Honda to our dealership for all maintenance work so that we can help you stay on top of a recommended maintenance plan. We thank you for allowing Premier Honda to care for your Ridgeline and look forward to seeing you in our service department for preventative auto care soon.
How To Tell When Your Brakes Need Service
Your brakes are a crucial part of your vehicle’s safety systems. You should have them inspected on a regular basis. At Premier Honda, we’ll take a look at your brake system when you come in for an oil change and let you know if we see any repairs that are needed.
You should also pay attention to any signs that your bakes aren’t working the way they should. Some indications that you need to bring your vehicle in for brake service include the following:
- Dashboard lights stay on: Your ABS light or BRAKE light may stay lit when you start the engine.
- Stiff or spongy brakes: If you notice that your brakes feel different when you press down, you should have them inspected.
- Sounds when braking: If you hear a squealing or grinding noise when you apply pressure to the brake pedal, it means that the brake pads or shoes may need to be replaced. You could also have damage to the rotors or drums.
- Shaking and vibrating: If you feel strange vibrations when you press on the brake pedal, it may mean the rotors are warped.
- Leaking brake fluid: If you notice brake fluid on the ground under your vehicle, it may mean the brake lines need to be replaced.
- Vehicle pulls to one side: If your vehicle pulls to one side when you press on the brakes, you may have issues with the hydraulics or another hardware problem.
If you notice any of these issues, you should have your brake system fixed right away. You don’t want to ignore them, because you could cause more damage to your vehicle. For instance, delaying replacement of brake pads could lead to damage to the rotors, which is more expensive to repair. It can also increase your risk of getting in an accident. While your brakes may still function and stop the vehicle, it often takes longer for them to engage.
How Often Should You Get Your Brakes Serviced?
Along with an inspection and repairs, your brakes need regular service by flushing out the old brake fluid and replacing it with new. Your owner’s manual will tell you how often this needs to be done on your specific model. Your brake pads also have a limited life. Some can last for 30,000 miles while others may double that at 60,000 or more miles. How and where you drive also affects brake pad replacement. If you spend a lot of time driving in the city where you will need to stop and start often, your brake pads will likely wear out sooner than if you are driving on the highway.
Don’t delay if you suspect brake issues. Schedule an appointment online with our service center to have your brakes checked out. You can also call for an appointment. Our service technicians will inspect your brakes and let you know if repairs are needed and an estimated cost.
Let Premier Honda keep you safe on the road with our premier brake service.